9/27/11

Nocal Marathon 9/18/11

I made the decision to run the Norcal Marathon on 9/17/11.  Seeing as it was a part of the new CA marathon series and an inaugural event, I could not turn it down. 

I got up on Sunday morning a bit hesitant.  I had just moved and had not unpacked everything.  I was using different running shoes (brand new ones- BIG race day no-no) and a new sports bra.  A little nervous to say the least, but excited to be part of my first race event since 10/2010.  Yes, that long!

The race began in downtown San Jose next to the HP Pavilion.  The course was nice, running through the main streets of downtown, and through some residential areas as well.  The course ended with a run through the Guadalupe trail and finished in the park next to the HP Pavilion.  After the crossing the finish line, I collected one of these bad boys to the right :)  Yay bling!

Upon finish racers were also handed a water with a cold wet towel.  Nice touch.  You could also collect fruit, goodies and even La Vic burritos.  The only downfall was that my heels was engulfed with blisters.  (Darn those new running shoes!) 

I think that the turn out and organization of the event was very good.  I am looking forward to the Morgan Hill Marathon on October 23, 2011.  This run will complete my CA marathon series.  Two races, three medals?  What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment