3/28/12

Fitness Never Sleeps

Today was my first day at FNS in San Jose.  It was an awesome, killer work out...first let me tell you how I ended up here.

I was running the Go Green Half Marathon (on St Patrick's Day) in Campbell.  My long runs usually take me a good 4 miles to warm up and get out of the run/walk mode.  Around the 5th mile I came up to a water stop.  Who was there to greet me and give me water?  Ada Wong!!  Ada Wong from the Biggest Loser! She is one of the most inspirational people to me that has ever been on that show.  I asked if we could take a picture together.  See me below, the starstruck "tourist" haha.
Go Green St Patricks Day Run, Ada at the water stop




As we went to take the picture, she suggested we take it in front of the FNS sign.  Seeing her made my day and made me have the energy and "umph" to run faster than usual to the finish-line.

When I got home, I couldn't get FNS out of my head.  What is that I thought?  After googling, I found it.  Everything seemed to click for me.  It seemed like seeing Ada was a sign and that this is where I needed to be.  I even found a deal on Yelp for my first month.  How could I not sign up?
 Today was my first workout at 6am.  To make things even better, I had met Ada again when touring FNS and she had emailed me about us working out together.  Today I got to work out with her!  I got to work out with Ada Wong :)!  It is an awesome feeling to work out next to someone who you have looked up to for so long.  I have had several gym memberships, trainers, have had one on one training at crossfit, and this was by far the toughest workout that I have done.  I was exhausted after, and could barely manage to put on my mascara after getting ready for work, but a bit later, I felt awesome.  Everyone is motivating, encouraging, and helpful.  Thank you Ada, FNS and Brian!  I am so glad to have found you!

No comments:

Post a Comment