10/14/11

I'm addicted to Dynamo Donuts...True story

It all began during my quest to achieve yelp elite status.  I found myself wanting to try new places so that I could yelp them.  My boyfriend loves to watch the food network, so we started looking up places from food network shows.  Low and behold we came across "The Best Thing I Ever Ate".  On the list was Dynamo Donuts.  The featured donut was the maple bacon.  First of all I don't event like donuts (silly me) so this didn't sound the least bit appealing.  My boyfriend was all for it, so I said we could go and I would 'taste' a donut.

We decided to head over to Dynamo around 4:30 and were at the other end of the city.  Come to find out, Dynamo closed at 5:00.  I called over and the nice young man said that he would wait for us.  Win!  We ended up getting there at 5:02 (after almost missing it the first time).  He ended up giving us several donuts two for one since they were closing.  We got a few maple bacon, lemon pistachio, chocolate rose hazelnut, passion fruit milk chocolate and chocolate rose.
Lemon pistachio, maple bacon, chocolate geranium hazelnut, chocolate rose, passion fruit milk chocolate
I fell in love with the lemon pistachio and the maple bacon.  ALL of the other donuts were good too!  The dough of the donut is unlike any other that I have tasted.  It is light and fluffy-almost croissant like.  The toppings are gourmet, perfectly paired and not too sweet at all.  (If you've been to Psycho Donut in San Jose- ewww- these are nothing like them.  They are top of the line and this is coming from someone who never eats donuts).

No comments:

Post a Comment