10/13/11

Mission to become a SF marathon Ambassador

A few months ago I signed up to receive an update when the San Francisco Marathon ambassador applications became available.  I received this email last night!  This probably sparks some questions.

1.  What is an ambassador?  "An ambassador of the SF Marathon Ambassador Team brings together diverse, talented, and enthusiastic athletes.  These runners each have unique stories and running careers." -SF marathon site.  I wouldn't say I enough experience to have a running career, maybe a running internship :) - but I am interested and enthusiastic nonetheless.

2.  Why do I want to be a part of this?  I would love to share my story with others.  I put a marathon on my Before 30 bucket list because I thought it was slightly unachievable and a great challenge.  It was challenging, yes, but I never expected to enjoy it so much.  If I can do this, anyone can.  The physical aspects are awesome, but its also a mental challenge.  I want to get others excited about running, running events and everything associated with it.  (Did someone mention BLING?) 

So I filled out my application and sent it off.  Now to wait for a response.  Hopefully you will see me blogging, facebooking and promoting The San Francisco Marathon at local events soon!

You too can apply to be an active ambassador, just click on this link to apply.  Good luck fellow runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment