10/25/11

Nike Women's Marathon 2011

Love the Nike Women's Marathon.  This year I did the half.  I went to the Stanford Nike to get my sweatshirt early this year.  Since they had a green one, and green being my favorite color, I did not want them to sell out.

Saturday I went up to the city for my bib pick up and for the expo.
 ..and then to find my name on the wall outside the Niketown store.  I met two friends and the hotel near the airport and we went to dinner.  The next day was early to rise!  Nike was a lot of fun, despite my bad time and feeling lethargic.  I ran with a good friend and had good friends waiting at the finish.  Who doesn't love crossing that finish line and getting a Tiffany necklace from firemen in suits?
Race beginning for the gun in Times Square
Angela and I steps from the finish
Finisher necklace
Victory Donuts




No comments:

Post a Comment