10/25/11

Morgan Hill half marathon

This past Sunday I ran the Morgan Hill Half marathon to complete the CA marathon series.  Living in Morgan Hill for over 23 years made this race special to me and I was extra excited. 

I woke up Sunday morning still a little sore from the Nike Women's Marathon the previous Sunday.  I drove down to Morgan Hill to arrive at 6:00 to pick up my race bib.  (I had to pay an extra $10 but was luckily able to pick up my bib that day).

The race and course were nice.  Starting at the Centennial center and heading down Edmunson to Oak Glen, Willow Springs, Hale and then back to the Centennial.  There are a few miles of downhill after mile 6.  People kept saying that this was a very hilly course, but compared to Nike it seemed like a breeze (and possibly living in Morgan Hill left me know what to expect).  I finished at 3:04:52.  Crossing that finish line and getting two medals felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment